Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SmgUk
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Sony HX400V or Panasonic FZ200 ?
2 months ago

I need some help I have managed to narrow my search down from the many bridge camera's to these 2 camera's I previously had a Canon SX40 as my last camera and although I was happy with the image quality, I wasn't happy with the speed of the camera.

I want to be able to possibly use it at Airshow's and for wildlife as well as the general day to day stuff like taking photo's of my 2 year old daughter etc

I realise their might be some people who would suggest buying a DSLR and I have owned a few previously however I don't want to go back to a dslr purely because of the cost and all the extra kit you have to lug around.

Which do you think will be better at a Airshow ? I am going to one in 3 weeks time so would like to purchase a camera before then.

The benefits of the FZ200: Faster lens, Slow Motion Video, Better Battery, Better EVF.

Benefits of the HX400V: More Optical Zoom, Better Screen, WiFi, NFC, GPS, Easier to use menu's.

I am not sure which one has a faster autofocus ? and which has better image quality in auto mode ? and would the 600mm on the Panny be long enough ? I did use my SX40 at a airshow a few years ago but am not sure what sort of zoom most of my photo's were taken at.

Any help appreciated cheers.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow