HowTo? Eval Sigma Dp2-Q by Sigma newbie in 5 days?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
l_d_allan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,197Gear list
Like?
HowTo? Eval Sigma Dp2-Q by Sigma newbie in 5 days?
2 months ago

I'd appreciate guidance on how to best use the limited time "try before buy" promotion by Sigma on the DP2-Quattro.

I'm mostly ignorant about Foveon sensors, and been curious to understand their pro's and con's compared to my Canon DSLR full-frame 6d.

• What kind of images show the Dp2-Q to best advantage over a conventional DSLR like the 6d? Landscapes? Architecture? Interiors? Portraits? Night? Other?
  • I've obtained the SPP 6.0.1 software that is required to post-process DP2-Q images. Also several raw files that I've opened and played with. I'm thinking this will give me a head-start to not spend too much of the evaluation time wrestling with the quirky software.
  • My thinking is to have a variety of locations pre-planned, and go around with two tripods. I plan to have a Canon EF 35mm f2 IS prime mounted on the Canon 6d for comparison.
 l_d_allan's gear list:l_d_allan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D +22 more
Canon EOS 6D Sigma DP2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow