Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bill Randall
Forum ProPosts: 14,575Gear list
Like?
Drug test for welfare recipients?
1 month ago

Georgia's program is on hold pending the outcome in court of a similar law in Florida. If the drug test is ruled illegal, it would certainly indicate the USA is very close to being third world. This is from todays Atlanta newspaper: "The Atlanta Journal-Constitution". The comments below are mine.

We live in a free nation were each individual is free to make choices governing their life. This includes not infringing upon the rights of others. If someone decides to take drugs, why should society be responsible for his wellbeing? If individuals want to help them that's fine, by what right does government have to redistribute funds from those that work to those that do not because those chose drugs?

Choice 1: Do not test addicts and provide them with support to maintain their habit, and wait for them to overdose. In addition, show future generations it is alright to do drugs and you will not have to work. Great choice to help dumb down our society.

Choice 2: Do test addicts and if they test positive do not provide welfare. Send them to rehabilitation. In addition, show future generations their is a penalty for doing drugs.

This is a real problem and needs a real solution. Nice sounding "cure-alls" have not worked and providing an out from reality for those on drugs will benefit no one - especially the person on drugs.

-- hide signature --

I support the government taking all assets held by individuals in excess of $1,000,000 to help the poor and pay off our national debt. I am tired of trying to play fair with crooked politicians and lobbyists.
Changed from half a million to a million to impact the middle class less.

Bill Randall's gear list:Bill Randall's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S602 Zoom Nikon D200 Nikon D5200
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow