Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
timtop
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
Kids, volleyball, XE-1 and the 35
1 month ago

Just wanted to post a few pics that might interest those on the fence about picking up a cheap XE-1 because of myriad posts about it's (un)suitability for capturing high speed creatures such as the under 10s. There are ways around these limitations (back button focus, manual/zone focus, shooting without evf/screen) that are not especially difficult techniques to learn, and it would be a shame if some people missed out on the 'older' fuji bargains because of fear of buying supposedly unsuitable kit. These cameras are all awesome in the right hands (and calling a 2 year old camera 'old' would be crazy talk a few decades ago!) and i hope these shots go to show some XE-1 possibilities.  (friendly request - I'm aware the shots aren't perfect, so i'm not looking for critique/assessment, just simply adding to the previous debates on the subject! thanks)

And a couple more from the same day - not action shots, but some more 35mm examples for those interested.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow