B + W filter stuck.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
dwa1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,474
Like?
Consider this for using CP filters...
In reply to MrTravil, 4 months ago

MrTravil wrote:

I have a uv and then put my polarizer lens on top while I was in Japan and they never wanted to come apart. I even tried the little plastic ones you can get from b and h to and and remove filters tool. How do I also stop this from happening agin?

In addition to what the other posters indicated about not stacking and getting them apart, consider this for using CPs...

I use the B+W KSM CP filters. However, I mostly use them on lenses with FL 70mm and longer.

Instead of buying filters that fit the exact thread size of each lens, I use oversized filters with step up rings to allow one filter to be used on multiple lenses and because it makes it much easier to quickly remove the CP from the lens. Very advantageous when that cloud comes to block your light.

Along with that, I use the B+W metal screw-on lens hoods with a std lens cap for the end of the metal hood.

The screw-on lens hood allows me to quickly and easily adjust the CP without having to reach my hand inside the stock lens hood. You simply rotate the screw-on lens hood to turn the CP. I always turn it counter-clockwise so that it does not loosen the CP / step rings.

Using a std lens cap (on the end of the screw-on hood) makes it very quick and easy to remove and attach the cap. No need to reach inside the hood.

Oddly enough, I find that the "cheap" Promaster brand step up rings are the easiest to remove because they have nice "deep" grip edges. Many of the "better" step rings can be very difficult to remove from filters.

Hope this helps,

Wayne

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow