ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,311Gear list
Like?
XT1 with movements
2 months ago

Hi,

I've mentioned in a few threads that I've been using a Kipon TS adapter and thought I'd post a quick example. This local church was taken with a Nikon AIS 20mm f2.8 manual focus lens on the Kipon Nikon F to Fuji X TS adapter. You can't easily get further back or get any elevation, and without some shift, the verticals converge very noticeably. The shot required about 9mm of shift. The jpeg image has had a few minor adjustments but is almost SOOC. (Edit - Aperture I think was f8 and please ignore the FL in EXIF.)

I'm very pleased with this adapter. For me one of the key reasons to go mirror-less (after the goal of lighter kit) was that every FF lens becomes a TS lens on one of these things. Obviously there are some limitations and you can't get the full versatility of a view camera, but they provide some fundamental movements that will achieve a lot for you.

One of these days I'll post some more examples using tilt as well.

CC welcome.

Cheers, Rod

St Andrews Church, Strathalbyn, South Australia

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II +6 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow