Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wildlifephoto
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
New Choice for Yellowstone Lens ? Tamron 150-600 f/5-6.3 SP Di VC
1 month ago

The Tamron 15-600 is now  available from the  rental company for the dates I need it. It was not  an option before when I wrote my last thread.

I have a new Canon 70D camera now with a 18-135 STM and a 55-250 STM. I knew I needed more reach for a lens for an upcoming trip to Yellowstone.   Doing this is on my bucket list so I will be getting a long lens. I am a newbie to long lenses, although I did rent  a Nikon one a few years ago.

I was going to get the Canon 100-400 but some suggested this Tamron would be the way to go, although handling it was a question that did come up.  It is a bit bigger and heavier. I will not be hiking. I thought I could use the experience with the 100-400 because I would like to purchase a long lens  before long, but maybe the Tamron would be the one I would like to purchase ultimately?

Bottom line- I want to get the lens that is best suited for Yellowstone. Is the Tamron the way to go Vs. the Canon 100-400 I was going to get? Thanks for your insight!

Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow