Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MFiftysomething
Regular MemberPosts: 233Gear list
Like?
Will There Be A GH4s Now?
1 month ago

Sony and Panasonic are keen competitors in a lot of markets; we see them compete with RX10 and FZ1000 and we have the GH4 shooting 4k video and 16mp stills but some will say still it is not that great for low light or focus tracking especially in 4k.

It is clear for the electronics companies (more than camera companies) the 4k race is now on, I expect Sony to next produce an RX20 with 1" 4k video and an A6000 replacement lets guess the A7000 might also go that route (though 24mp might be too much) or at least the XAVC 50mb codec.

Sony now have their A7s in some ways a game changer halting the mega pixel race (probably as they already have that covered anyway).  There is a lot of excitement about the full frame 12 mp sensor but it does not shoot 4k internally for heat reasons, though I am sure Sony are working on that. It is also quite a bit more expensive.

The Lumix LX8 shooting 4k is expected to be announced this month.

I would now like to see Panasonic now develop a 12mp GH4s with faster frame rates, better focus (less data to process) and higher bit rates and low light sensitivity.

I think this would be a great "spoiler" camera for Panasonic and would not cost that much more to produce, same body EVF etc.  Keep the GH4 in production of course.

What do you think?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow