ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
glasswave
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,625
Like?
3TB Drive troubles, eeek!!!
2 months ago

Hello,

My 3TB drive seems to be having some very odd problems. I first noticed when I could not get some large .mkv files that I have played many times to play in vlc. I tried them in several media players, then on another cptr. In the process of testing, I come to find that .mkv files play songs from my mp3 collection instead of the video that they are supposed to play.

I ran a disk check and it zoomed right through the slowed and said that some problems were fixed and files were moved to a found folder. I cannot find any "found" folder. The log details from the check disk cannot be copied or saved, *&%#%^! The check disk had hundreds of lines saying "correcting error in index $I30 for file 56088" or some such and hundreds of lines that say "recovering orphan file TWOWEE~1.h26 into directory fille 317726" or some such.

Most of this data is backed up in some sense or other, but it would take dozens of hours to get it all back. Most all the very critical stuff is backed up, but even that will take hour and hours of searching re-assembling my current data structure. This is main data drive!

Any ideas what this can be wrong, or where to go from here???

FYI -- It is a Seagate Barracuda (6Gbit/s, 7200 rpm, 64mb cache) in a Rosewill external case with fan, eSata and usb3

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow