Canon 50d vs Sony A6000 HELP better pics?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FastUno
Forum MemberPosts: 81
Like?
Canon 50d vs Sony A6000 HELP better pics?
2 months ago

Can someone help me take better pics with my Canon 50d? I wrote the write up below in another thread, but I would like some help to get my Canon 50d to take pictures that translate in color as the Sony A6000 does.

So I love the ease of use & 100mm macro of the Canon, but the color rendition/interpretation of the Sony A6000. Is there anyway to to get colors like the Sony A6000 on my Canon 50d?

Here is my write up:

So I used to own all the Canon's, 10d-60d & sold them all one by one. Then I bought the Sony A6000 & some how I missed my Canon for the lenses & the 100mm in particular & then decided to buy a used Canon 50d once again for under $200 bucks. I still had my old 100mm macro lens & even bought an adapter to use on the Sony A6000.

So after many, many shots with the A6000 & default lens this is the best picture I was able to take of this Anthias fish.

Then once I got the Canon EF to Sony E adapter, this is the best shot with the Canon 100mm macro lens. I did not take many shots, because it was awkward to hold that lens with the small Sony body & just too difficult with no AF. Just not worth the inconvenience of this combo for the end results.

Now with the used Canon 50d for under $200.

I really like the color rendition of the Sony A6000, which I somehow cannot duplicate with the Canon just yet, or maybe ever? I really like the ease of autofocus use & the ability to use a 100mm macro lens (with no silly adapter/converter). I also LOVE the clarity, sharpness, & detail of the Canon combo & it is unbeatable.

I wish I can combine both these cameras into one & I would have my ideal camera.

Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 50D Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow