ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
The Nihilist
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Strange effect
5 months ago

© Felipe De La Hoz

This is a picture I took at the Parintins festival in the Brazilian Amazon state. The festival is a yearly competition between two sides that each organize a presentation, not unlike a sort of folkloric opera, that tells a story that ascribes to a common theme, usually dealing with indigenous legends. These are some of the dancers that participated in the festival.

I thought the photo was neat, but as I started looking at it more closely, I noticed something odd. The dancers themselves appear to be in focus, but the skulls that are part of their uniforms kind of look like they're out of focus, despite being the same distance away. It appears that all of the skulls are affected. I figured maybe they were designed to look a little hazy or something, but looking at them very closely, it really does look, to me at least, like they are out of focus, which wouldn't make any sense at all. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how this might have happened. I can't seem to find any reasonable explanations.

I shot this on a Nikon D7000 with a Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 (non-VC) at ISO 3200, f/4 and 1/400.

Nikon D7000 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow