Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dennismullen
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,720
Like?
A77II passes the test
2 months ago

I've been out shooting with the A77II and my Sigma 500/4.5 APO EX DG. There are lots of pelicans at the foot of a dam on the Fox River and it's a great vantage point to get closeup pictures.

I am amazed at how easy it is to get a series of pictures with the A77II of a bird flying directly at me right up until they are in your face! This has always been the acid test for me of an AF system. At 500mm it's a challenge just finding the subject in the viewfinder.

I've posted some untouched out of camera jpgs even though I normally shoot Raw + jpg and Photoshop my pictures.

I shot in Manual mode 1/1600s f8 with Auto ISO. Steady Shot was turned off.
I don't like 12fps because it chooses too wide an aperture for proper DOF on these large birds.

I've changed the bottom right section under the Function Button to Steady Shot On/Off.
The Control Dial Lock is handy. I also leave the Steady Shot on half press off.

Over all I am very happy with the Sony A77II and the improvement it made in my Sigma 500/4.5 APO EX DG pictures.

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin.
You can see larger versions of my pictures at www.dennismullen.com.

Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow