Sony SEL35f18 or Touit 32f18 Which one to keep?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Reb1026
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Sony SEL35f18 or Touit 32f18 Which one to keep?
4 weeks ago

I am new to the Forum and this is only my second post. I got a Nex 5t recently and have both the Sony SEL35f18 as well as the Touit 32f18. I plan to keep only one of them and return the other. However, I am having difficulty in deciding between the Sony 35 mm vs. the Touit 32mm. I took some photos with both of them but as I am new to photography, I am having problems to tell the difference. I attached some pictures for comparison but they are not shot exactly identical as the setting, angle and focus can be a little off.

It seems both of them are very similar but it might be my imagination, the pictures taken with the Touit 32 mm shows the building is somewhat curved or crooked. On the other hand, the performance of them in low light seems to be comparable. I took the night shot handheld with DMF. Even though the Sony 35f18 has OSS, the image doesn’t look to be sharper than the Touit 32. It might be my technique but the pictures don't seem to show a big difference.

I don’t have the experience or expertise to spot the better performing one so I am asking for your help. Any comments and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Day shot - Touit 32f18

Day shot - Sony SEL35f18

Night shot - Touit 32f18

Night Shot - Sony SEL35f18

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow