Flat view
peter_friend
Contributing MemberPosts: 821
Like?
Wich to buy? RX10 or Pansonic Lumix FZ1000
4 weeks ago

First conclusion of DPReview comparaison:

"Wich to buy?

After spending a great deal of time first with the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 and the the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000, I've come to love (and un-love) features on both cameras. The RX10 impressed me with its fast and sharp lens, build quality, AF performance, customizability, and video quality/features. That said, the high price and mediocre JPEGs were off-putting, and I've never found Sony RX-series cameras to be fun to shoot with, either.

The FZ1000 gives you the zoom power that the RX10 lacks, though you lose a full stop at the telephoto end and corners aren't as sharp. Performance is blazing fast, for both autofocus and overall operation. The FZ1000 feels a lot cheaper than the RX10 - as you'd expect given the $500 price differential - but it's more comfortable in the hand. Photo quality is comparable to the RX10, as is video quality. The FZ1000 one-ups the Sony by offering 4K video, so it's ready for the next generation of televisions.

Ultimately, if I was in the market for a premium travel zoom, I'd go with the FZ1000. I prefer the extra zoom power, snappier performance, better ergonomics, and 'enjoyment factor'. That extra $500 might be better spent adding another night to my vacation."

I have the Canon Powershot G1X (original edition) and the Panasonic Lumix 35/38. For me, the FZ1000 will be the successorf of FZ serie (for my needs....)

If the test continued to be so great, i will buy the FZ1000 in september when it will be on the market here in Canada. (Hundred dollars less than RX10 and great IQ like the Sony)

I am very happty with my G1X and the FZ1000 will complete it for macro, zoom, portrait...

Peter.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow