Would The RX 100, replace my Canon D 550 in some circonstances?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Indieke1
Contributing MemberPosts: 745Gear list
Like?
Would The RX 100, replace my Canon D 550 in some circonstances?
2 months ago

I am not a very good photographer, but still try to make nice shots. I go to Asia a lot. I have two cameras with me. My Canon D 550 with a 28-105 mm lens, which is kind of heavy, and a small xsus 220, that I  carry around everywhere, just to keep memories of special moments, and things that happen, when I not expected.

But the D 550, is for portraits. I also have an old lens with it that I use a lot with it because it is more sensible, 1.8.   But often I leave this in the room on some trips, and miss some nice shots, even if the pocket camera, take nice pictures!

So I was wondering, if the RX 100 Mark 3, could give me better results, close to my D 550, especially for portraits. Like I said, I am not a maniac, who wait for hours for the right light!  But on the whole, I have nice pictures, a bit above most amateurs, that just point and shoot.

To give an idea, what i need it for, mostly portrait of my gf now, I post some sample pics. Be not too hard on me, I am not that skilled.....

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow