A Deal I Couldn't Pass Up - Which Body to Keep?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MarkyM
Contributing MemberPosts: 884Gear list
Like?
A Deal I Couldn't Pass Up - Which Body to Keep?
5 months ago

I have been wanting the 75mm/f1.8 lens since getting into MFT so couldn't resist the current Amazon offer of $200 off with the purchase of an Oly body.

I also love my GX7...with the slight exception of the EVF.

I started with the GX1 and had the LVF-2 which, even though it was lower resolution than the GX7 EVF, I liked better. I am not one that sees the "tearing" or "rainbows" in the GX7's EVF so I think it was the larger apparent size and its center location of the LVF-2 that I liked better.

So...the body I bought with the lens is the EM-10.

There are a lot of plusses and minuses for each of these bodies and I really will only be able to ultimately keep one of them.

Since I really have not used the video much on the GX7, my initial thought is to sell it and keep the EM-10 if I like the EVF better.

I don't mind learning the Oly menus and will actually enjoy setting up the camera.

The EM-10 also has the better IBIS which would be an advantage with the 75/1.8 (and the 45/1.8 I have).

But I'd be missing out on the silent mode (that I do use a lot).

How loud is the shutter on the EM-10?

Does the new 0-Second mode (partial electronic shutter?) help with noise?

Does it really eliminate the shutter-shock?

Thanks,

-- hide signature --

Mark--

MarkyM's gear list:MarkyM's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow