Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stpaulaaron
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Older lens on Canon 6D or 5D MIII
2 months ago

I am looking to upgrade a camera for my office studio.  I am the graphic design/marketing person so all photography has fallen to me despite me not being very well versed in photography beyond a few college classes 12 years ago.

The leading contender in my camera search is the Canon 6D.  I spoke with someone at a local camera shop and they said the current lens I am using would work on the 6D.  After further research when I got back to the office I learned that some lenses will crop the image even when shooting on a full frame camera.

I am curious if my current lens set up will allow me to take full advantage of what the full frame camera offers.

The lens I am hoping to stick with is a Tamron SP AF Aspherical XR Di LD (IF) 28075mm 1:2.8 macro. (not sure if that is all relevant but thats what the lens says.)

It may be that I upgrade the lens later on but the person at the camera shop said its a solid lens and will work just fine.

Any thoughts?

For reference the photos I will be taking are all product shots taken in a white light cube on a table top.

Another potential camera option is the 70D.

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow