Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
solotrigger
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Ethics in street photography - ask for permission
3 weeks ago

So, I suppose many of you have already discussed this before, and I know it can that just create a endless debate, but someone can always get something useful...

It is probably very difficult to predict the reaction of a stranger when you shoot your camera in front of him/her. Of course, you can try (and probably you will) to foretell that reaction, and that it will affect your decision to shoot or not.

Most of the photographers are not looking for trouble, and nobody likes to annoy others, but - in my opinion - That reaction is in most of the times unpredictable.

I'm not talking here about shooting safe and 150 meters away of your subject, or (the opposite) try to take a macro photo of the eye of a drunk hooligan.

This are situations a bit easy to predict, but in most of the cases, you never know what reaction you gonna get... Even if you think is gonna be OK, your predictions can be wrong.

That means that in many cases you have to gamble... That means that no one can be sure of what reaction is gonna get unless you ask for permission.

So, What is your opinion?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
okNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow