Shooting long reality with a 5d mark ii and 5d mark iii simultaneously. Problems??

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
danfresh36
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Shooting long reality with a 5d mark ii and 5d mark iii simultaneously. Problems??
5 months ago

Hello,

I have a shoot next weekend that will be some long verite scenes and the producers have chosen (due to a bare bones budget) to make due with the cameras we have; those being a mark ii and a mark iii which will be cross covering.

I'm trying to help anticipate problems with this setup and I was hoping for some input from others who have had to work this way or something similar.

Will issues arise from:

- camera and picture styles matching

- different compression methods

- sound sync due to fat32 limitations (slating is impossible, so stuck with manual sync/pluraleyes?)

- Record time limitations? Do people have experience or links to recommended roll times before bad things start to happen with either camera? I can't find authoritative sources

Thank you for any ideas!

dan

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow