ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alan Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,900Gear list
Like?
Fun with Macros in the Garden
5 months ago

It's literally another world!

Even the slightest movements is exaggerated manyfold... However even on some it has creates some wonderful soft abstract colours.

Another this is the DOF is soooooo thin. What is on the LCD (remember this is a J2) is reduced and can look a lot sharpers than it is.

On checking out some of these I thought they were totally out of focus only to find the thinnest of texture in focus.. A real treat for me, that hour.

Equipment: J2, CX to Nikon F Adapter, set of F extension tubes with Nikon 50mm f1.8 AFS G lens

Comments welcome.

I'm waiting for the Gfoto chip to for myCX to Nikon F Adapter.. then at least I can get some exposure help if nothing else.

This flower head must only be 5mm accross

Not too much movement on this one

Wafer Thin DOF.. didn't think there was ANY on first looking.

Wafer thin DOF again.. but there is 'some' texture at 8 o'clock

Movement made some softness effect that I don't think I could ever duplicate in PS

pity the little critter... (1mm) moved out of the zone. still not going to be sharp with the conditions though.. but would have liked him a little closer.

Cheap macro kit

Loving this little gem of a camera (J2)

-- hide signature --

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.' :'!':

Alan Brown's gear list:Alan Brown's gear list
Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D610 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon 1 J2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow