RX100 Mk3 Samples - Fun extra art modes, low light thoughts, overall great camera

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike D
Contributing MemberPosts: 526Gear list
Like?
RX100 Mk3 Samples - Fun extra art modes, low light thoughts, overall great camera
1 month ago

A few more samples I have. There was a garden walk that my mother was in and I used the RX100M3 for more casual shooting but not for the bulk of the photos I did over the course of two days. Never tried the illustration mode though before and it's pretty cool if you ask me!

Files seem to have a lot of flexibility within them. I have to get out of Auto ISO I feel because I guess I'm just never happy with the automatic low light abilities of these compacts as I am with larger sensor cameras. Manual mode will probably work out better next time I try lower light scenarios.

Overall, this is a fantastic camera. I love the EVF and feel comfortable framing with it as opposed to always holding the cam in front of me as with the other two RX100s. I also love the flip up LCD screen. I know some people don't like them but find it useful when shooting at waist height or above my head. Selfie mode is a fun party trick. At least you can frame yourself.

I'm starting to play with some of the video features of the camera and have so far liked the output of XAVCS (Starting to remember this codec to spout off...) and wanted to compare to mp4 but I often keep forgetting to pull footage off the camera before formatting because of the multiple folder storage on the SD cards. (ARGH!)

Link to gallery w/all samples:

Flickr Set

Low Light

cropped from orig

Illustration mode. Fun!

Mike D's gear list:Mike D's gear list
Fujifilm X100S RX100 III Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +6 more
RX100 III Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow