Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AdamT
Forum ProPosts: 57,017Gear list
Like?
Best 45-150 series budget lens ?
9 months ago

Just wondering which is the best alround 45-150 area budget lens. Inludes the 40-150 and 45-200 of course but not the expensive 300mm`ers .. I use these kind of lenses for infinity shooting of distant monuments etc, casual birding and even closups of Bugs and flowers so almost everything in fact

I`ve had the Panny 45-200 and found the OIS to be jittery and the lens soft at the long end much past garden distance .

I`ve also had the Oly 40-150 MSC-R which I found to be optically pretty good but a real challenge to get sharp shots from at the long end . I had an EPL2 at the time so we`re talking Lame IBIS and shutter shock city so no wonder , would this be better on the EM5 ? .

How do the Panasonic HD Twins compare - the 45-150 Manual zoom, (stablemate of the well regarded 14-42 II HD) and the Powerzoom 45-175 or whatever it is ? , these are the two which interest me most (Unless the Oly is a killer on modern bodies) is it best to disable the OIS  or use it and disable IBIS ? ,  are either an issue on the EM5 ? , does the EM5 disable the OIS automatically or do they try and fight like in the EP1/EPL2 days ?

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Sigma DP1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Sigma DP2 Merrill Nikon Coolpix P330 Olympus OM-D E-M10
Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus PEN E-PL2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow