Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AdamT
Forum ProPosts: 56,225Gear list
Like?
Best 45-150 series budget lens ?
3 weeks ago

Just wondering which is the best alround 45-150 area budget lens. Inludes the 40-150 and 45-200 of course but not the expensive 300mm`ers .. I use these kind of lenses for infinity shooting of distant monuments etc, casual birding and even closups of Bugs and flowers so almost everything in fact

I`ve had the Panny 45-200 and found the OIS to be jittery and the lens soft at the long end much past garden distance .

I`ve also had the Oly 40-150 MSC-R which I found to be optically pretty good but a real challenge to get sharp shots from at the long end . I had an EPL2 at the time so we`re talking Lame IBIS and shutter shock city so no wonder , would this be better on the EM5 ? .

How do the Panasonic HD Twins compare - the 45-150 Manual zoom, (stablemate of the well regarded 14-42 II HD) and the Powerzoom 45-175 or whatever it is ? , these are the two which interest me most (Unless the Oly is a killer on modern bodies) is it best to disable the OIS  or use it and disable IBIS ? ,  are either an issue on the EM5 ? , does the EM5 disable the OIS automatically or do they try and fight like in the EP1/EPL2 days ?

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Sigma DP1 Fujifilm X-S1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P330 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus PEN E-PL2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow