K-50, K-5II/s or K-3 as second body? Or get some zooms?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dpnaiba
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
K-50, K-5II/s or K-3 as second body? Or get some zooms?
6 months ago

I sometimes shoot events to help friends, for example this one i did last saturday:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/elanaiba/sets/72157645033743488/ (just a couple of pics there for now, still working through the set with limited time).

I run around the field with the camera (K-5) in my hands, and I mainly use the Samyang 8mm Fisheye, the DA35mm plastic wonder and the 18-135WR for pictures. I sometimes put the HD70mm limited or an old A50mm F1.7 on, for better depth of field separation.

To improve my results, I was considering getting some better zooms. While I like the small size and performance of primes / limiteds, in this situation I feel the size of the 50-135 2.8 would not be an issue.

On the other hand, I'm also considering getting a second body, so I do less lens swapping. This would also allow me and the wife to enjoy photography together, I guess?

The K-50 seems pretty cheap and not sure if it has any downsides from the K-5. The K-3 looks like the way forward, but maybe something new is around the corner? Maybe I should also consider the K-5-II / IIs?

Your thoughts?

dpnaiba's gear list:dpnaiba's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +3 more
Pentax K-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow