Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bobkeenan
Contributing MemberPosts: 687Gear list
Like?
Capture One vs Aperture
1 month ago

There is a growning concensus, despite lack of a lot of info, that the new Photo App will have less pro adjustment capability than current Aperture.... At least in the beginning.  So I have been reading about the alternatives.

Capture One seems to have it all?  Many consider the RAW tools to be the best and I have not heard many complaints about their DAM or photo management.   So I might not see my images in imovie, final cut pro or other apple authored software?  So I just export the photos to folder and use import instead.

There would be no photostream or icloud connection but i rarely use that and never use it on my DSLR equipment.

Am I missing anything here.... It seems like if photo app is defecient in what us hard core aperture users are used to....then what would be the problem with moving to Capture One.... Of course there is the issue of losing your cooking instructions on your processed files.  i guess you could, if you had the memory is to output your cooked images as good qual tiffs and move those plus your raws?

Anyone out there made the move to Capture One..,, and what do you think?

-- hide signature --
 bobkeenan's gear list:bobkeenan's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow