Tamron 24-70 f2.8 Vc, autofocus problem??

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pablo Sanchez
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Tamron 24-70 f2.8 Vc, autofocus problem??
3 months ago

Hi everyone, I own this lens since six months ago, and I use it in combination with a Canon 5D mark III. I am happy with the overall (construction, sharpness, colors, etc.) but the point is that the autofocus fails many many times, I mean, many times (and not only in very poor light conditions) the autofocus drive starts going forwards and backwards quickly and repeteadly without fixing the focus. It takes so much effort for the lens to fix the focus. This happens in both 'one shot' and 'ai servo' modes, and selecting one or a group of focusing points. I have not had this problem with my Canon 17-40L f4, or 70-200L f2.8, never.

If the lens is iused for 'relaxed' photography, that problem can be annoying but bearable, but, when it comes to action photography, it makes the lens unusable.

I would like to know if anybody has the same problem with this lens, or, if mine is a faulty unit since it is still under guarantee...

Regards,

Pablo.

Pablo Sanchez's gear list:Pablo Sanchez's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x II +5 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow