Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Buzz Lightyear
Regular MemberPosts: 350Gear list
Like?
Using 1.7x Teleconverter with Tamron 150-600 lens
6 months ago

I'm thinking of getting the Tamron 150-600 lens (Nikon mount).  I currently have a Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR lens (older model), to which I sometimes attach a TC-17E II tele-converter, mounted on my D7100.  Has anyone tried attaching this converter to the Tamron lens?  I know, I know . . . you're asking: why does someone need the equivalent of 1530mm reach on an APS-C camera?  Well, I have the hardware; why not see it if works?  I understand that I will lose a couple of f stops in attaching the teleconverter to the Tamron, so conditions would have to be just right when I use it.  I'm mostly curious if - #1 the Tamron can accept this teleconverter, and #2 how good is the image achieved?

Buzz Lightyear's gear list:Buzz Lightyear's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +1 more
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow