Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Scheinrb
Regular MemberPosts: 181
Like?
Had a chance to handle Leica T
3 months ago

I came across a Leica store in Soho (NY, not London) and had a chance to experience the new Leica T.  Never have I felt a more solid camera in my hand.  It's built like a brick and has a solid, expensive feel..  The few images I took seemed very good on the screen and, being a Leica, no doubt the lenses are of very high quality.  But there is a sense of seduction, and not as much substance as one would expect for a product in its price range.  To me, having literally everything controlled by a touch screen is cumbersome.  The optional EVF was attached and when I held it up to my eye my first thought was that it was not functioning because I saw nothing.  Turns out it takes at least a second to switch from screen to viewfinder.  Certainly long enough to lose a shot.  Contrast-detect focus is the quickest I can recall but still no match for PDAF, especially as done on the Nikon 1 system cameras.  the bottom line:  The T may be enticing but It seems to be more of a "boutique" product.  There are much better options out there for a lot less money.  Yes, it is made by hand, and superbly so, but that's what you are paying for.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow