Export from Lightroom for competition (submission criteria)

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Graeme LW
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
Export from Lightroom for competition (submission criteria)
3 months ago

I would like to submit a photo to a competition taken with an Sony A6000. I have processed in Lightroom and need to export as a Jpeg.

The submission requirements are: Digital submissions must be no larger than 1000 Pixels, in either height or width and saved as Jpegs, in RGB format and not exceed 4MB per file, at 72dpi.

So in Lightroom export, with images format set to Jpeg and Color Space sRGB, I thought the simplest thing to do was set 'Resize to fit' - Long edge - to 1000 pixels. I have not changed Resolution which is at 300 pixels per in. This gives me an image which is only 607kb in size.

Is what I have done the obvious way of doing this. I don't really understand what relevance the the phrase 'not exceed 4MB per file, at 72dpi' has to what I am trying to do.

Thanks,

Graeme

Graeme LW's gear list:Graeme LW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow