Electronic Shutter and Bendy Propellers ?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Greenbeanz
Regular MemberPosts: 125Gear list
Like?
Electronic Shutter and Bendy Propellers ?
6 months ago

It was Armed Forces day here in the UK on Saturday and so I headed up on to Plymouth Hoe towards the end of the day for the aerial flyovers. Unfortunately, due I think to the weather, the Battle of Britain flyover never happened but we did get a dual Biplane wing walking display and what I think was a Dakota?. I have never photographed aeroplanes before and only had the modest Panasonic 45-150 kit zoom with me but it coped remarkably well. Helped I think by the pilots coming so low over Plymouth Sound and captured on H burst mode , shutter priority, fine JPEG and Raw no live display, AFC focus. Unfortunately I had forgotten to turn the electronic shutter off, despite being warned about it's perils with action shots. Am I right in assuming that things like propellers, as in the first few wing walk shots, have bendy propellers because of this ? I realised in time for the big plane (which I think was a Dakota) and switched to mechanical. I was impressed with the resolution of my G6 with the small zoom, even with cropping in, where you can actually see a couple of the crew or pilots waving ! Here are a few processed JPEGS, my RAW software is playing up at the moment. CC and advice welcome.

Bendy Propellers...arrgghhhh!!

Mechanical Shutter

-- hide signature --

“I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” Pablo Picasso
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66891090@N05/

Greenbeanz's gear list:Greenbeanz's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow