Which flash for 5d mkii and outdoor people photography?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bgstcola
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
Which flash for 5d mkii and outdoor people photography?
2 months ago

Hello, I'm not sure this is the right forum for my question, but here we go...

A few years ago I moved from cheap p&s cameras to bigger and more expensive cameras and lenses. I always hated the look I got from the flash on the small p&s cameras so I decided to never shoot with flash again and use only available light.

When the light is really good which is typically indoor near a window I'm very satisfied with my result, but outside in daylight I have problems with dark eyes, so I have decided to buy a flash.

My subjects are my kids and family which move around so it is not possible for me to set up off camera lightning/reflectors and stuff like that, so I need something portable. I'm considering:

Canon Speedlite 270EX II
Very portable which I think will make me use it more. Not sure if it has enough power?

CANON SPEEDLITE 320EX
The video light function seems cool but I'm not sure how much I will use it since I only shoot a little video

CANON SPEEDLITE 430EX II
Seems to be a good value and AF assist is nice but since I plan to use it outdoor it is not important. Physical buttons are great.

Is it only a question about features or will the more expensive lights give me better results? What would you guys recommend?

Thanks

Benjamin

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow