K30 fried after using in rain

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
photoramone
Junior MemberPosts: 32Gear list
Like?
Re: RE: Pentax USA warranty support
In reply to Mike Hiran, 4 months ago

I bought a new 60-250 "WR" pentax lens....not cheap!!  I had a house and patio full of family and friends over, and in all the gabbing and saying "good-evening" to all, I sat my K-5 and 60-250 on a patio bench. I never got back outside before going to bed...when at 4 a.m. a thunder,rain and lightening storm awakened me, it just occured to me that "I might have left the camera outside".  I ran out in a deluge of rain that had been on-going for some time.  I was just SICK!!!   But grabbed a few super-absorbant paper towels and dobbed all the moisture from the camera....    I then made what could have been a big mistake, I took a picture and did not think to take the battery out...   That was about a month ago.....  and No problems..   I got luck, for sure, but a conikon would probably have been scrap..   I'm happy "WR" is available, but certainly NOT FOOL-PROOF..

-- hide signature --

bought 5 pentax spotmatics while serving in Viet Nam 1968, they got me started!

photoramone's gear list:photoramone's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow