Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Myrgjorf
Forum MemberPosts: 64Gear list
Like?
Canon 200-400mm 1.4x advice, please
5 months ago

I have almost decided to get the 200-400 1.4x as an upgrade to my Canon 100-400mm. I am aware of the price, weight and size. I am also aware that my 70D and 6D aren't the most obvious cameras for that lens but they have to do the job for now, mostly the 70D. I will use it mostly for wildlife and birds.

I have some questions to current owners:

- Do you have problems getting it through security in airports around the world?

- How do you keep it secure e.g. in hotels? Can it fit into the safes w/o the hood?

- Can you recommend a "small" backpack for the lens with the hood reversed and with a DSLR? It has to be small enough to fit as cabin luggage on flights.

- Do you often leave it at home due to its size, weight and to avoid too much attention?

- Any experiences with the lens on 70D and 6D?

- Can you recommend a good but cheap shop to buy it within EU? EU prices are so much higher than US prices.

- Are you happy with the lens? Is it as good as the reviews tells?

Thank you.

Myrgjorf's gear list:Myrgjorf's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +12 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow