ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Grig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,824Gear list
Like?
D810 sRAW...
3 months ago

Hi there!

My only reason for upgrading to D810 was sRAW... Well, better AF and high ISO (don't care about 64 though) are nice too, but I thought sRAW is a real RAW until recently... People are saying that it is cooked, but I had downloaded D4s RAW and sRAW samples and was playing with WB and found that sRAW WB adjustment is behaving the same as RAW and not like JPEg that give you Purple/Green cast when you adjust WB... Yes, there is some loss in DR, but I didn't find it huge...

Can someone who owns D4s (or somehow has D810 pre production in hands) do a simple test? Shoot RAW and sRAW outside (or inside with direct flash) with tungsten WB (to make it blue) or opposite - inside under tungsten light setting WB to sun to make it orange and compare them after quick WB correction in LR?

The all purpose of the sRAW for me would be reception shots (I am a full time wedding photographer) as well as PJ shots when no HQ required... I also heard that sRAW has even cleaner Hi ISO images due to the combination of the 4 pixels together, thus 4 time more light?... Is it true?

For now I am using 2 D3s bodies for weddings, but sometimes need more pixels especially at the huge group shots...

I do have D800 for that purpose, but was thinking about getting all in one nice D810 package...

Please advise...

God bless,

K.Grigoryan

-- hide signature --

Real photography - it's just the ability to see what was already created by God!
www.grigphoto.com

Grig's gear list:Grig's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D3S Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +10 more
Nikon D3S Nikon D4s Nikon D800 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow