Is the OMD-EM1 Little Old Lady Friendly???

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peg Bethany
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,002
Like?
Is the OMD-EM1 Little Old Lady Friendly???
4 weeks ago

A couple of months ago I dug out my Panasonic L1 and 3 fine Panasonic lenses. Plus an Olympus macro lens and and Olympus pancake lens. And, frankly, I think I am loving the 4/3 glass more than I did when it was new.

The L1 is a lovable old brick of a camera. All 7.5 megapixels of it. Nevertheless - I am thinking about treating myself to an EM1. Apparently it handles 4/3 lenses better than any other m43 camera. I would most likely get a fast wide prime to m43 lens for my "everyday walkabout" use. These days, I decide what lens I am going to use - and that is the lens that goes out of the apartment with me on any given day ... I enjoy having the lenses - I don't enjoy lugging them around anymore.

Is this camera sturdy? I usually have my purse over my right shoulder and my camera over my left. So, it doesn't exactly live a pampered life.

Which finally gets to my real question. Am I going to be completely overwhelmed by buttons and options? Or can I just put the camera in Aperature Priority mode. Set the my lens on f8. And take pictures. Maybe doing a little exposure + or - along the way. (Honest - I will read the manual. But, I don't want to have to go to college to take a great picture of the great grand kids.)

Thanks

-- hide signature --

peg

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow