5 years without a pro DX

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Michael
Contributing MemberPosts: 997Gear list
Like?
Re: 5 years without a pro DX
In reply to Pierre Sottas, 6 months ago

Pierre Sottas wrote:

While FX and entry-level DX bodies are updated every year, 5 years without a new pro DX is an eternity. So long that the question is whether a new pro DX will ever come. What makes me pessimistic is that the technology is there, a pro DX body can easily be made from a combination of the latest D7000 and D800 technology, meaning that the reluctance of Nikon to propose a new pro DX body was/still is driven by business considerations. The two main DSLR lines produce in the tens of thousands of bodies every month and I presume the pro-DX market is way smaller, a niche market that Nikon may desert.

I definitively need a better AF/speed/buffer system than the D7X00 line can deliver. D810 is not a good option mainly because of the bad viewfinder in DX mode and its weight/size. I'm still dreaming of a responsive pro DX with pro AF and pro buffer in a body of reasonable size. Let's hope that Nikon is still interested in this niche market.

Pierre

If a D9300 comes out as a top end prosumer model ( D300s replacement), well then maybe it will be updated every year. Just a thought .

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow