Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
motomanDK
Regular MemberPosts: 448Gear list
Like?
SPP and ICC profiles
3 months ago

As probably all know, only the SD14 X3F raws is supported by Adobe in for instance Lightroom and PS.

The normal/common way to correct color'flaws' in you camera is to use the 'Camera calibration' in Lightroom - like this:

But it is ONLY possible when you are working on .X3F's or .DNG files. This DNG is made by the Adobe DNG converter, so it is probably the same issue ... only SD14 files is supported and ALL X3F's is assumed coming from a SD14 camera.

Further more i feel like the SPP program is 'doing something good' to the Sigma raws in my normal work process, that is opening and selecting the pictures i want to work with in SPP and then save them as .tiff's for further processing in Lightroom.

So the best place to make color space corrections would be in the SPP ...... so have spend most of the day testing this the possibilities. In the ICCprofiles folder there are these files:

With my QPcard and the QP software i the created some 'odd' profiles to see if i was able to replace these ICC profiles and make a difference in the pictures.

The result is, that no matter what profile i replace, the result is ONLY in the preview window in SPP:

But the colors in the resulting .tiff file is allways correct, no matter what colorspace i choose. It looks nearly 100% close to the original QPcard colors:

So ..... has anyone got any idea how to make colorspace adjustments to a Sigma X3F raw?

-- hide signature --

/Henrik - Denmark
(SD14 and 2 * SD15 ... and about 5 kg glass)

motomanDK's gear list:motomanDK's gear list
Sigma SD14 Sigma SD15 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +4 more
Sigma SD14 Sigma SD15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow