FT: 3.5-4.5/40-150 lens flare .. bad copy?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
babha
Regular MemberPosts: 146Gear list
Like?
FT: 3.5-4.5/40-150 lens flare .. bad copy?
2 months ago

Hallo!

In one of my other threads, where i wanted to find out, if the "new" 4.0-5.6/40-150 kit-lens is better than the old one, i have already mentioned it:

My copy of the 3.5-4.5/40-150 lens shows flare between about 55-80 mm if pointed against some strong light source as sun. Before and after: not a glimpse of it. Actually i can really see, how the flare vanishes as i zoom in and out ..

Looks like:

The new light and small lens doesn´t show this issue at any focal length

I had another copy of the old telezoom-kitlens a few years ago, and i can´t remember that it would have had a problem like that. But perhaps i haven´t used it the same way, i truly can´t remember well enough.

Of course i am wondering if i am just unlucky to have a "bad" (weak) copy, or if that is a known issue with this lens.

What´s Your experiences?

Thanx,

Manfred

-- hide signature --

"babha" is actually a combination of"BAtuk BHAgwan", a kind of nickname given to me by a group of elder pilgrims during our pilgrimage to the holiest places (according to hindus) in India 1991: meaning is about "divine rascal" .. btw "babha" aswell is often used to address white strangers
my pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/batuk_bhagwan/

babha's gear list:babha's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S9100 Sigma DP2 Fujifilm X-S1 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow