Meeting People in IRAN (E-M5 and various lenses)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,777
Like?
Meeting People in IRAN (E-M5 and various lenses)
6 months ago

Our trip to Iran seems long ago, although it was just last April.

Beyond the B&W images that I posted before, I can't seem to find the time to properly process the bulk of my photos, but I did post online a gallery containing images that feature the country's most prominent alluring feature.

No, not the landscape (beautiful), not the cities (magnificent), not the food (very tasty and original, if you go beyond the usual kabab), but the PEOPLE.

Iran's population is easily among the most hospitable and friendly I have encountered anywhere.

We have talked to many many people, have been driven in their cars by quite a few and have even been invited for dinner into the homes of several people that we had just met in the street.

So this first gallery in colour celebrates Iran's people : http://roelh.zenfolio.com/p772952118

The E-M5 with a few lenses (mostly 12-40 but also fast 20 and 45) were perfect for the whole trip, and for catching quick unposed portraits.

Here are a few samples:

Girl on the night train to Shiraz (this is an LX7 image - excuse me)

Rainy day in Shiraz

Talking to a guard and youngsters in the closed Bazaar of Shiraz

Youngest daughter of a family of Tehranis vacationing near Persepolis (Nasqh-e Rostam grave site)

Labourer in a henna mill in Yazd

Former champion in front of his own portrait in a Zurkaneh (Iranian fitness) club in Yazd at 6.00 AM

Our driver Mr. Mohamehdi (really great guy) with a 92 year old poet living in the ghost town Kharanaq

Ebrahim and his two companions in Esfahan - thanks for the hospitality

These guys offered us tea on our drive through the desert around Kashan

The owner of the Hammam Teahouse in the Bazaar of Kashan, posing with father and grandfather.

Owner of a small kabab shop in the holy city of Qom

Thanks for looking. C&C always welcome.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my Olympus user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
;)New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow