Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
limbonaut
Regular MemberPosts: 119
Like?
Aperture ending - blessing in disguise?
4 weeks ago

I'm not happy that Apple has decided to end Aperture without a clear commitment to higher level functions in the Photos app. It may be that Apple has developed a platform that will finally be able to integrate 3rd party software in a very useful way, but that is not certain at this point.

Upon testing Lightroom I now feel I may wind up being thankful for the opportunity that the lack of clarity from Apple has provided. In the last few years I have been using the video functions on my cameras more and more. Indeed that's partly what has driven me to mirrorless systems (m4/3 and Rx100) the last few years, but Aperture's support for newer video files such as AVCHD and now XAVC S has been sorely lacking. Almost all frame rates of AVCHD and all XAVC-S will not even be recognized by Aperture. Lightroom 5 however recognizes, plays and allows on the fly edits of both of those formats. That could be a very good reason for some (including me) to switch to Lightroom even if Aperture continued.

Now I only need to figure out how to keep/get icloud integration and I will be a Lightroom user . . . for now.

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow