Oly E-P5 owners! Given a choice, whould you buy it again?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Maklike Tier
Regular MemberPosts: 317Gear list
Like?
Oly E-P5 owners! Given a choice, whould you buy it again?
6 months ago

Peeps, I'm looking to upgrade my E-P3. I like the weight, the form factor and the direct controls - it's a very 'right' feeling piece of kit for me, so the natural upgrade choice is the E-P5.

However, looming is the E-M10. Slightly cheaper, same sensor, but no fast shutter (I do find 1/4000 a bit limiting in full sunlight wide open) and IQ seems to be on par or slightly better in some situations. It seems a better value proposition at the moment.

There's also the continuing discussion around shutter-shock (sorry to bring it up again) and firmware updates fixing issues from previous firmware updates.  That's not exactly confidence booster.

So current E-P5 owners - Given the choice to go around the block again, would you buy an E-P5?

Maklike Tier's gear list:Maklike Tier's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus PEN E-P5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow