Be sure to update the FT-1 firmware for use with the V3.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mikew
Contributing MemberPosts: 549Gear list
Like?
Be sure to update the FT-1 firmware for use with the V3.
3 months ago

I got the V3 yesterday hoping to use it with my FX lenses.I was trying out different camera/lens combinations, 600, 300, 70-200. There was a whole lot of failure to focus in situations where I first focused on a subject at 20 feet, then moved to a subject at 100 feet. There was a complete failure to detect the different subject distance. Nothing.

I was obviously very disappointed with this, as using the long lenses was the reason I was trying the V3. Trying to figure out whether there was a problem with the camera, or if I had not set the camera up correctly somehow, it finally occured to me to check the camera firmware. I  happened to notice there was also a firmware update for the FT-1 adapter for the V3. Very simple procedure, and that seems to have fixed it. I will go to a bird nesting site in the morning to test it out. I will let you know the results.

Mike

mikew's gear list:mikew's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 600mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow