What do you guys think of Fuji's User Interface/Menu? I think it could be better.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
akin_t
Senior MemberPosts: 2,735
Like?
What do you guys think of Fuji's User Interface/Menu? I think it could be better.
2 months ago

Most of the things I don't like about my X-E1 really boil down to design decisions that they chose to make in the Menu/User Interface. Seriously, my X-E1 is the best camera I've owned but coming from a 7D (much preferred Canon's menu), I feel like it's marred by a user interface/menu that could have been better.

1. Ability to rename C1 through C7.

2. Icon for Slow Sync flash ... It's inconsistent with what's shown on the Q menu. Why is it an "S" followed by a Flash symbol? Why not a "SLOW" printed under the Flash symbol like it is on the Q menu? Rear curtain icon is the same with the Q menu why not make it the same for Slow Sync? Consistency goes a long way. This is just proof that they didn't thoroughly check their menu before release.

3. In general the word choices for describing some of the functions in the menu are atrocious. For instance, the AE-L/AF-L mode ... A simple "Toggle" and "Hold" would have sufficed in the menu, instead you see a P (for press) and S (for switch) ... Like seriously? Is this their first time designing a menu?

Same applies for MF Assist ... Options are Standard and Focus Peak Highlight ... Yet on the menu you can't see at a glance if you have High or Low selected ... Bad design imo. All you really need is "OFF", "High", or "Low" for this entry.

4.last gripe is just aesthetics but, the font spacing is not consistent at all in the menu. I know some menu entries need more description than others, but heck they could have used a smaller font so that all menu items have the same font spacing ... Right now some items like "Image Size" and "Edit/Save Custom Setting" all occupy the same space. it just looks weird.

What changes if any would have you made to the menu?

Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow