Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Walt_A
Senior MemberPosts: 1,525
Like?
Dolphins at chanory Point, moray firth
3 weeks ago

Just thought I'd post a few of my visit back to chanory point in the moray firth, Scotland. This is the first time I've returned with a digital camera, what a joy both watching the dolphins and being able to take a ridiculous amount of shots, and a lot of tails disappearing into the water to start with... For those not familiar with this area there are some resident dolphins that feed close to the shore around 2hrs before and after high tide. When I say close to shore I mean in some shots my 300mm was too long and I only managed to get part of the dolphin when leaping (the dolphin not me...). This was a sequence from the 2nd day where the dolphins were feeding a bit further out than on the first and so are cropped.

And this is one taken from a sequence on the first day uncropped showing how close they come in some times

For those interested they were all taken with a K30 and FA*300 F/4.5 in manual focus. I can heartily recommend a visit to anybody interested in watching wild dolphins.

More can be seen on my flickr site below if you're interested.

Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow