Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Raymond Cho
Senior MemberPosts: 1,085Gear list
Like?
Embracing more automation?
1 month ago

Just wondering if you guys are utilising more automation on your cameras.

I attended a seminar of this well known professional who does field trips with people to Antarctica, China, Bhutan, Namnibia, Alaska the list goes on ...

He said that he doesn't make life hard for himself or people and that it is the 21st centry, he just shoots in 3D Matrix metering, TTL BL flash (for Nikons) and he makes compensation accordingly to the LCD.  He says he never shoots CW, spot meter, or manual.  The only time he does is if he is doing star photography.  He also doesn't use color management and he says that unless you do major editing it's not a worry and if need be you just need slight adjustments.  Also I guess digital technology has improved so much, but they shoot a landscape at ISO 800 handheld.

They shoot with all kind or pro glass but one of them shoots with a Tamron I think 70-200mm F2.8 and he says it is so sharp already he doesn't want a Canon version.

I could sort of understand while technically it is not true but for getting the job done I can see where he is coming from.

Thoughts?

Raymond Cho's gear list:Raymond Cho's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow