Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,150Gear list
Like?
J4/SF Gay Men Chorus/Laura Benanti
4 months ago

So I had the pleasure to listen to the San Francisco Gay men chorus in their production "Dazzle."  Laura Benanti was there too.

If I had any second doubts on having one in with the J4 it all melted away last night. I wanted stealth and quiet and I got it. If I had been with any camera with an audible shutter I would have been kicked out, though watch for a 2nd thought post below.

All three here are using the 30-110mm VR.  I know stage light is strong but still surprised with some exposures where the VR really helped (1/60, F5.6, 297mm equiv).

The first shot is with the lens all the way zoomed out. The place was big, so that's already at 81mm equivalent  - already telephoto-ish.  None of these shots have been cropped.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Nikon 1 J4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow