ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DaddyG
Regular MemberPosts: 224
Like?
Decided on a 6D. Questions about its shortfalls
6 months ago

Hi,

I've decided on 6D, and now I want to mitigate its shortcomings.

Flash: I'm eyeing up the Canon Speedlite 90EX for occasional fill flash, but more importantly for OCF work. I'd be pairing it with a 430EX II.  There's not much info out there on this little unit - does anyone use the 90EX to fire an external speedlite, and will it work with the 430EX II ? Or are there better solutions (for no more than $100-ish).

Intervalometer: This is more important to me as I'm into Landscapes and Timelapses. Has anyone mounted Magic Lantern on their 6D? If so, how's the experience been, and if possible, could you point me to the installation guide. 
Otherwise, I'm thinking of getting an external wired intervalometer, but would probably get an off-brand unit. Anyone with experience in these and can recommend one?

Sports: I'm aware that this is the camera's weak point, but would be keen on hearing how weak AI Servo really is on this camera, and any tips for getting the most from this tool in regards to sports and fast moving subjects. (I'm aware that the centre point will lock in -3EV). I will mostly use my 70D for this purpose, and keep a UWA on the 6D, so will still use the 6D occasionally for different sport perspectives).

Appreciate your time and advice.

Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow