ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RUcrAZ
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,178
Like?
YouTube and copyright question
4 months ago

Hi

I do occasional amateur "slide show" videos for friends' travels. It's nice to include an appropriate musical background to them. I then upload them to YouTube for them to share with their friends.

The easiest place to search and find music themes for me is YouTube.

But it appears that, after I publish a little video, I get notices from YouTube that a particular song is copyrighted, or "blocked in some countries," etc. (YouTube provides alternatives, such as a collection of free music, which is commendable, but they are not necessarily suitable.)

But my issue is this:

Because YouTube has the same songs published, by hundreds of various individuals, why aren't these individuals blocked from publishing them on YouTube? After all, if you follow the YouTube principle, no music would be published on YouTube unless it had a "permit" of sorts. And that's not the case. They are published anyway, often the same song by dozens of "uploaders."

There is something that I do not understand, perhaps someone can explain it to me.

-- hide signature --

RUcrAZ

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow