ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lhl
lhl
Junior MemberPosts: 48Gear list
Like?
PL 15mm f/1.7 w/ E-M1
4 months ago

Got this from B&H the other week and have been shooting with it as my default lens since then.

Overall, really digging it. It's plenty sharp, renders beautifully, and focuses quickly and silently. I've noticed a bit of a weird delay for focusing immediately after turning on the camera that I haven't seen shooting w/ the 12-40 (I replaced an E-M5 w/ the E-M1 recently - was too good of a deal to pass up in Tokyo, so that's my main point of comparison for lenses). Also, as some looking into this lens probably know, the aperture ring, while it feels great, isn't functional on the E-M1 (really?).

All that being said, it's definitely replacing my old Panasonic 20mm. Except for being a bit less compact (still quite compact, extends only slightly past the E-M1 grip), it feels better to me in every other way. Any corner sharpness differences wide open seem theoretical at best (especially in light of the other optical qualities).

And now for some pics:

I was recently in China and pretty much shot the entire trip with the E-M1 & 12-40mm f/2.8, so a couple bonus shots (all w/ the 12-40):

lhl's gear list:lhl's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +18 more
Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow