Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
panuli5
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Fujifilm XC lens quality issues
4 months ago

I bumped my XC 16-50 lens, and one of the prongs on the plastic bayonet broke. Repair costs almost $150, which is what I paid for the lens almost new. If I get it fixed, I am sure this will happen again fairly easily based on what I've seen.

How can a company like Fujifilm make a lens with such a weak part that is so crucial for the connection to the camera body? I wonder what kind of marketing scheme Fujifilm is following? Is the pressure from competition really that strong? This is not in the customer's best interest.

I wonder if others had similar experiences. Of course, the Fujifilm XF 18-55 is a much better lens with a metal bayonet, but it is also much more expensive; it lists at $599. I looked at Canon's comparable kit zoom lenses, and the EF-S 18-55 IS STM lists at only $249.

Should I forget about my broken XC 16-50 and shell out $599 for the XF 18-55? Or is it feasible to buy an adapter for the Canon lens? Or should I forget about Fujifilm altogether? Can anybody give me some advice?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow