Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Richard Franiec
Senior MemberPosts: 2,221Gear list
Like?
Re: DxO Private Message
In reply to Tony Sx, 4 months ago

Tony Sx wrote:

Barney Britton wrote:

Messaging any promotion is tough, but we considered this the least worst option, in the sense that the system for receiving offers is entirely opt-*in* after the initial message.

Worth noting too is that we (dpreview) did not benefit in any material way from working with DxO on this offer. This was pure and simple a freebie for our users.

The "Promotions" checkbox in my profile is unchecked. Yet I received both a PM and an Email regarding this DXO "offer". This is not the "least worst option". It is the WORST option. My email account is not overloaded nor is my PM activity here. But you're wasting my time and I don't appreciate it. If you think "What the Duck" deserves space on your News page, .......

-- hide signature --

Tony

Most, if not all Email users receive unsolicited Emails and learned how to deal with them without any drama. What it takes is a simple click.

How many times need to be explained that situation at hand here is an isolated incident conducted in good faith?

Keep notification box unchecked and move on or take advantage and accept the freebie(s).

Richard

Richard Franiec's gear list:Richard Franiec's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow